Prior to returning to private practice, Christina served as a Staff Attorney at the North Carolina Utilities Commission, where she spent the majority of her time advising the Commission regarding electric and water utility matters, as well as the implementation of regulatory structures to govern new State energy programs created by House Bill 589 (S.L. 2017-192), entitled “Competitive Energy Solutions for NC.”
Before joining Commission staff, Christina served as in-house counsel to the North Carolina Board of Funeral Service and, for a time, as its Interim Executive Director. While at the Board, Christina prosecuted alleged violations of the laws and rules enforced by the Board, advised the Board on various regulatory compliance matters, and served as the Board’s Ethics Liaison, Rulemaking Coordinator, Records Custodian, and Legislative Liaison.
Immediately after law school, Christina spent her first two years in practice defending insurance companies and their insured members from a variety of civil liability actions. During this time, Christina single-chaired a three-day jury trial in Wake County Superior Court, seven District Court bench trials, and litigated numerous cases from the pleadings phase through adjudication or settlement.
Originally from small town Florida, Christina fell in love with North Carolina when she moved in 2010 to attend law school in Chapel Hill. Save from traveling, she hasn’t left the state since. Out of the office, Christina usually is immersed in reading for her book club or playing with her rescue dogs, George and Kramer.
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, J.D.; 2013
- The University of Florida, M.A., International Business; 2010
- The University of Florida, B.S., Business Management; 2010
- North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Professional Vitality Committee, 2019-2020
- Leadership Academy Class of 2019
- Membership Committee, Co-Chair of Member Benefits Subcommittee, 2019-2020
- Administrative Law Section Council, 2017-2020
- CLE Committee Co-Chair, 2019-2020
Honors and Recognition
- Selected as a Rising Star by North Carolina Lawyers Weekly, 2019
- Selected as a 2020 Rising Star by North Carolina Super Lawyers
- North Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of North Carolina
434 Fayetteville Street, Suite 2500
Raleigh, NC 27601
P: (919) 607-6055
F: (919) 828-6592